Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Noodle Isle - Spicy Fried Bihun

I made this fried bihun (or rice vermicelli or rice noodle) this morning for breakfast.

It is a simple dish to be made in the morning. I took me about 1hour in total. That is not bad at all for me since I am a slow cooker. But I made it a bit too spicy! Too much chillies... And should have add in some meat - chicken or beef... 

Nevertheless, it is quiet nice and most important of all - quick! Only use very little ingredients :) I pretty much just use whatever it is that I have in my fridge. 

Spicy Fried Bihun
Ingredients 
500gr vermicelli 
3 eggs - lightly beat
1 bunch of snake bean 
10 chillies (I mixed about 4 big chillies and 6 small very hot chillies)
5 cloves garlic
10 cloves shallot
cooking oil
soy sauce
ground white pepper

you can adjust the ingredients according to your preference

Methods
  1. Soaked the vermicelli in water (the packaging suggests to use cold water so I did. The result is a bit of a hard noodle. If you prefer a softer noodle, I think soaking in hot water or lukewarm will be better)
  2. Chopped snake beans to small pieces (about 1 cm)
  3. Blend all chillies, garlic and shallot (you can chopped or minced them manually. I am just lazy, so I used my lovely hand blender :) )
  4. Heat up the wok and add cooking oil.
  5. Put in the beaten eggs, stir occasionally. After it is golden, set the eggs aside.
  6. Add oil into the wok. After the oil is hot, put in the blended ingredients. 
  7. Once they are aromatic, put the fried eggs and chopped beans. Mixed them well.
  8. Then put in the vermicelli. Stirred until everything is combined.
  9. Add soy sauce and ground white pepper to taste. 
  10. And there you have it... a simple fried vermicelli! 
Result


 

No comments:

Post a Comment